By Ágnes Buka,Nándor Éber
The e-book intends to offer a state of the art review of flexoelectricity, a linear actual coupling among mechanical (orientational) deformations and electrical polarization, that's particular to structures with orientational order, comparable to liquid crystals.
Chapters written through specialists within the box make clear theoretical in addition to experimental elements of study conducted because the discovery of flexoelectricity. along with a typical macroscopic (continuum) description the microscopic concept of flexoelectricity can also be addressed. Electro-optic results as a result of or changed by way of flexoelectricity in addition to quite a few (direct and oblique) dimension tools are mentioned. designated emphasis is given to the function of flexoelectricity in pattern-forming instabilities.
While the focus of the e-book lies in flexoelectricity in nematic liquid crystals, peculiarities of different mesophases (bent-core structures, cholesterics, and smectics) also are reviewed. Flexoelectricity has relevance to organic (living) platforms and will additionally supply probabilities for technical functions. the fundamentals of those interdisciplinary fields also are summarized.
- Introduction to Flexoelectricity: Its Discovery and simple suggestions (R B Meyer)
- Molecular idea of Flexoelectricity in Nematic Liquid Crystals (M A Osipov)
- Flexoelectro-optics and Measurements of Flexocoefficients (N V Madhusudana)
- Flexoelectricity of Bent-core Molecules (A Jákli, J Harden and N Éber)
- The function of Flexoelectricity in development Formation (Á Buka, T Tóth-Katona, N Éber, A Krekhov and W Pesch)
- Flexoelectricity in Chiral Polar Smectics (M Čepič)
- Flexoelectricity in Lyotropics and in dwelling Liquid Crystals (A G Petrov)
- Applications of Flexoelectricity (P Rudquist and S T Lagerwall)
- Appendix A. Measured Flexoelectric Coefficients of Nematic Liquid Crystals (N Éber)
- Appendix B. Abbreviations
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers in physics, biology and their applications.
Read or Download Flexoelectricity in Liquid Crystals:Theory, Experiments and Applications PDF
Similar biophysics books
Every one bankruptcy has 3 varieties of studying aides for college students: open-ended questions, multiple-choice questions, and quantitative problems. There is an ordinary of approximately 50 according to bankruptcy. There also are a few labored examples within the chapters, averaging over five in line with bankruptcy, and virtually six hundred pictures and line drawings.
All dwelling cells are surrounded by way of a lipidic membrane that isolates them from the usually harsh atmosphere. notwithstanding, to take in nutrition, to excrete waste, and to speak between one another, Nature has invented an exceptionally assorted set of transmembrane shipping proteins. really good transporters exist to trip electrically charged ions, confident cations like sodium or damaging anions like chloride, around the membrane.
This booklet offers a conceptual and computational framework to check how the apprehensive method exploits the anatomical houses of limbs to provide mechanical functionality. The learn of the neural keep watch over of limbs has traditionally emphasised using optimization to discover recommendations to the muscle redundancy challenge.
Advances within the Biosciences five: Schering Workshop on Pharmacokinetics, Berlin, may possibly eight and nine, 1969 is a suite of papers offered on the Schering Workshop on Pharmacokinetics held in Berlin, Germany, on may possibly eight and nine, 1969. participants specialise in advances within the box of pharmacokinetics, together with using electronic desktops in defining pharmacokinetic parameters and of mathematical versions within the examine of steroid dynamics.
- Energy and Entropy: Equilibrium to Stationary States
- Enzyme Kinetics and Mechanisms, Part E, Energetics of Enzyme Catalysis: 308 (Methods in Enzymology)
- Systems Biology of Metabolic and Signaling Networks: Energy, Mass and Information Transfer: 16 (Springer Series in Biophysics)
- Morphogenesis: Origins of Patterns and Shapes (Springer Complexity)
- Routledge Handbook of Biomechanics and Human Movement Science (Routledge International Handbooks)
- Implantable Cardiac Devices Technology
Extra info for Flexoelectricity in Liquid Crystals:Theory, Experiments and Applications
Flexoelectricity in Liquid Crystals:Theory, Experiments and Applications by Ágnes Buka,Nándor Éber